Built for the Duke and his family and designed by gothic revivalist architect S S Teulon, the Magnesian Lime cornerstone of this beautiful Victorian church was laid in 1869. Five years later, the Duke transferred ownership of the land to the Ecclesiastical Commisioners.
Set back from the street in a wooded yard with a Lych gate, the 10th Duke and his Duchesses and 11th Duke are buried here. A porch with a stone seat was added as a memorial to Duchess Sybil, the first wife of the 10th Duke, after her untimely death in 1871 at the age of 23.
The church can be contacted by phone on 0115 920 8879, or at the following address:
10 Church View Close
A full calendar of events and services can be viewed here